Motivational Challenges on Job Performance
Authors: Suguna Sinniah, Zafir Mohd Makhbul
Publisher: UKM Press
In recent years, organizations have experienced intensive competition at both domestic and international levels in retaining talented employees. It has become a daunting, task to retain employees in organizations, especially in Private Higher Educational Institutions (PHEIS). For many decades, a debate has been raging on the lecturers' roles, responsibilities, motivation, and job performance. Despite the vast literature on lecturers' roles and responsibilities, lecturers' intrinsic and extrinsic motivations, self-efficacy, job satisfaction, and performance are insufficiently explored; thus, more studies need to be done regarding this context to uplift the overall motivating factor that will enhance their performance level, which does not only contribute to their work-life balance but also the institution and the country. With this agenda, this book is the first to conduct broad empirical research on lecturers' motivation, self-efficacy, job satisfaction, and performance within Malaysia. The contents showed that financial rewards, code of conduct, and autonomy are positively related to lecturers' performance, while promotion, performance appraisals, and classroom environment are not. Furthermore, the substances also found that job satisfaction mediates the relationship between financial rewards, classroom environment, and job autonomy towards lecturers' performance. In view of the moderating effect, lecturers' self-efficacy influences the relationship between lecturers' job satisfaction and performance. This book will provide new directions for future study on lecturers' job performance to other educational institutions in Malaysia.
SUGUNA SINNIAH, Ph.D., is a Senior Lecturer at the UKM-Graduate School of Business (UKM-GSB). Her research interest is in human resource management and organizational behavior.
ZAFIR KHAN MOHAMED MAKHBUL, Ph.D., is a Professor and the Dean of the UKM-Graduate School of Business (UKM-GSB). His research interest is in human resource management and organizational management.
1) 'Sign in' di terlebih dahulu. Klik di sini.
2) Pilih buku-buku pilihan dengan klik 'Add to Cart'
3) Klik 'Checkout' untuk meneruskan pembelian.
4) Lengkapkan maklumat & alamat penghantaran.
5) Pilih kaedah penghantaran & bayaran yang sesuai.
6) Klik "Submit My Order".
Sekiranya ada kesulitan untuk membeli secara online di website, mohon hubungi kami dengan cara berikut:
Klik butang di atas untuk berkomunikasi dengan kami.
Kami menggunakan perkhidmatan J&T Express untuk penghantaran ke seluruh negara.
Tempoh masa penghantaran adalah 2 - 7 hari bekerja.
1. Pemprosesan & penghantaran pesanan dibuat pada hari Isnin sehingga Sabtu.
2. Sekiranya syarikat kurier cuti, pesanan tetap akan diproses, tetapi hanya akan dihantar apabila syarikat kurier mula beroperasi.
3. Nombor pengesanan (tracking number) akan dihantar terus ke email anda.
4. Kami akan maklumkan lebih awal jika ada perubahan waktu operasi semasa musim perayaan atau lain-lain.