Remembering God: Reflections on Islam
Foreword by Seyyed Hossein Nasr
Author: Charles Le Gai Eaton
Publisher: Islamic Book Trust
Pages: 280 pb
Gai Eaton’s Remembering God is a profound analysis of the most urgent concerns and questions facing humanity at the beginning of the twenty-first century. Contrasting modern, secular society with religion and tradition in general and with Islam in particular, Gai Eaton clarifies the essential need for spirituality, religion and values based on eternal principles.
In Remembering God, Gai Eaton emphasises that religion is not an isolated part of human life which can be disregarded at will and without consequences; that a total rejection of the past cannot be the basis for the future, and that a true link with Heaven modifies all the decisions and actions of society. Touching on religion in principle-metaphysics, knowledge of the divine and of oneself, prayer, the necessity for purifying the ego—and on the application of religion to society—as well as to politics, architecture, the environment and gender relations—Gai Eaton illustrates the subtle harmony of a religious perspective and its ability to transform both the individual and society. – [From an internet review of the book]
Charles Le Gai Eaton (Hasan le Gai Eaton or Hassan Abdul Hakeem) (1st January 1921-26th February 2010) was born in Lausanne, Switzerland. He received his education at Charterhouse and King’s College, Cambridge. He worked for many years as a teacher and journalist in Jamaica and Egypt. He then joined the British Diplomatic Service. Eaton converted to Islam in 1951. He served as a consultant to the Islamic Cultural Centre in London. His books include Islam and the Destiny of Man, King of the Castle, and The Richest Vein. Many converts to Islam in the United Kingdom have been inspired by his books, which are also expositions of Islam for Western readers, secular or believing. For Eaton, Islam was above all else a means of leading a spiritual life, a life that is not dependent upon any of the transient institutional forms assumed by religion.
1) 'Sign in' di terlebih dahulu. Klik di sini.
2) Pilih buku-buku pilihan dengan klik 'Add to Cart'
3) Klik 'Checkout' untuk meneruskan pembelian.
4) Lengkapkan maklumat & alamat penghantaran.
5) Pilih kaedah penghantaran & bayaran yang sesuai.
6) Klik "Submit My Order".
Sekiranya ada kesulitan untuk membeli secara online di website, mohon hubungi kami dengan cara berikut:
Klik butang di atas untuk berkomunikasi dengan kami.
Kami menggunakan perkhidmatan J&T Express untuk penghantaran ke seluruh negara.
Tempoh masa penghantaran adalah 2 - 7 hari bekerja.
1. Pemprosesan & penghantaran pesanan dibuat pada hari Isnin sehingga Sabtu.
2. Sekiranya syarikat kurier cuti, pesanan tetap akan diproses, tetapi hanya akan dihantar apabila syarikat kurier mula beroperasi.
3. Nombor pengesanan (tracking number) akan dihantar terus ke email anda.
4. Kami akan maklumkan lebih awal jika ada perubahan waktu operasi semasa musim perayaan atau lain-lain.